Tomatoes are the theme of Friðheimar cuisine – and that’s not surprising, since four different varieties of tomato are cultivated in the greenhouses, where food is served among the tomato plants. A unique food experience – come and enjoy it!
Menu: 12–16 daily
- The one and only Friðheimar Tomato Soup served on a buffet with sour cream, home baked bread, cucumber salsa, butter and fresh herbs.
- Fresh pasta - Ravioli with home made pasta sauce and pesto.
- Grilled Tortillas with tomato, basil and Mozzarella.
Desserts and treats
- Green-tomato and apple pie à la Friðheimar with whipped cream
- Home made tomato ice cream à la Friðheimar
- Mouthwatering cheesecake with jam of green-tomato, cinnamon and lime
- Friðheimar Tomato beer - brewed with fully ripe red tomatoes
- Tomato schnapps – a hollow tomato filled with Icelandic Birch schnapps
- Virgin Mary – a home made fresh tomato drink made from well riped tomatoes
- Bloody Mary – now is the best time of the day for a Bloody Mary! Home made tomato drink with vodka and a drop of Tabasco
- Healthy Mary – our newest drink, made from green tomato, lime, honey and ginger, served chilled with sparkling water
- Happy Mary – here we take our green tomatoes to a new level: One part Hendrik's Gin, two parts Healthy Mary and glass filled up with Bitter Lemon
- Gin & tonic – Hendrik's gin with tonic and cucumber
The restaurant is open daily 12–16, all year round. Come and enjoy a unique food experience!
And you can drop in to The Little Tomato Shop and pick up delicious edible souvenirs to take home...